- 24% of calories from fat
- 80% of fat as MCT
- Excellent ratio of essential fatty acids (n6:n3 ratio of
- Contains complete profile of vitamins and minerals including
||22 kcal/fl oz
||30 kcal/fl oz
- Long chain fatty acid oxidation disorders
- Hyperlipoproteinemia type 1
- Intestinal lymphangiectasia
- Intractable malabsorption with steatorrhoe
- Post-operative feeding in short gut syndrome
- Other lipid and lymphatic disorders where a low fat, high
MCT diet is indicated
for Preparation and Use:
- Intake is
determined by a medical professional and is dependent on
the age, body weight and medical condition of the patient.
- Not intended
for use as the sole source of nutrition. Consider supplementation
of essential fatty acids and micronutrients depending on
individual’s needs. Not for parenteral use.
For oral or tube feeding:
- Measure the required amount of warmed water into a container.
- Add the prescribed amount of Monogen to the water. The
scoop provided in the can measures 5 g.
- Cover and shake until the powder has dissolved.
The following are guidelines for
achieving desired concentrations:
Scoops are approximations only.
For accuracy, use a gram scale.
the formula should be stored in a refrigerator and kept no
longer than 24 hours from the time of preparation. Shake
or stir Monogen immediately before use.
|22 kcal/fl oz
(3 ½ scoops)
(3 fl oz)
|30 kcal/fl oz
(2 ½ fl oz)
Store in a
cool, dry place. Once opened, use contents within one month.
Replace lid firmly after use.